Magicseal Retrofit Secondary Double Glazing verses Double Glass Glazing
CUSTOMER BENEFITS OF MAGICSEAL OVER STANDARD GLASS DOUBLE GLAZING:
Fogging and condensation can be seen forming
on the inside glass.
- MagicSeal Retrofit Secondary Double Glazing Panels, provide better noise cancelling properties in the lower and higher range of frequencies. Better sound deaden qualities, than two layers of double glass, (as in double glazing). MagicSeal, glass and acrylic vibrate out of phase to each other, with respect to sound waves (noise), so the transmission of noise as sound waves, through the single glazed window with MS attached is greatly reduced. (See Canterbury University Noise Report)
- MagicSeal Retrofit Secondary Double Glazing Panels, are warm to the touch, as acrylic is a much better insulator than glass, which feels cold to the touch, as it quickly dissipates any heat source through itself to the outside cold air.
- MagicSeal Retrofit Secondary Double Glazing Panels are less intrusive to fit to an installation, as MagicSeal Panels, simply adhere to the existing substrate. Double glass may require new aluminium frames to be fitted or if upgrading wooden windows, extensive routering of the wood frames onsite, to putty in new DGU elements. Wood windows can be prone to failure due to water leaching into wood causing the Double Glazing seals to fail prematurely.
- MagicSeal Retrofit Secondary Double Glazing Panels stop up to 80% of unwanted furnishing fading UV rays, due to special UV inhibitors in the acrylic panel. This feature is not impregnated in standard glass Double Glazing.
- MagicSeal Retrofit Secondary Double Glazing Panels help reduce troublesome condensation forming on the inside of cold single glass windows, by stopping the warm moist air inside the room, from coming into contact with the cold glass, causing the dew point to occur. Double Glazing can still condensate on the inside in cold conditions. Right is a photo of a Double Glazing Unit in a motel window in Lyall Bay, Wellington. As can be clearly seen there is fogging and condensation is forming on the room side, of the inside glass, of the DGU.
- MagicSeal Retrofit Secondary Double Glazing Panels are more cost effective than Double Glazing. The cost to supply and install MagicSeal Panels (in most cases) is the dollar value, just to purchase the Double Glazing Units, – NOT INSTALLED. “Get A Price” Now.
- MagicSeal Retrofit Secondary Double Glazing Panels can save you up to 25% of your energy bill by fitting MagicSeal Panels to your room windows. A fully insulated installation in a dwelling where MagicSeal Panels are fitted over single glass is energy efficient. (Ask for our MS Energy Test Report or check it out on our web site).
View more information on Magicseal Double Glazing
Go to home page